What Are Possible Side Effects of Laser Tattoo Removal for Darker Skin Tones?
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin over time
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening of skin in the area of the removed tattoo
- Keloid scars: While rare, keloids are raised scar tissue that develop around the treated area
Factors that Effect Tattoo Removal
There are two main things you need to understand how skin type affects tattoo removal:
- Within the medical community, the color of a person’s skin is rated on the Fitzpatrick scale – type I through VI. Your skin type will have an impact on the type of lasers and treatment to be used for tattoo removal.
- Not all tattoo removal lasers are the same: Lasers used for cosmetic treatments (hair removal, skin rejuvenation, tattoo removal, etc.) are not always appropriate for all skin types. Always check that your technician is properly trained to treat you safely with the correct treatment options for your skin type.
Is the PicoWay® Laser Safe for Tattoo Removal on Darker Skin?
Yes. The PicoWay® laser has been deemed safe if the appropriate settings are applied under appropriate circumstances. This is why it’s important to choose an experienced technician.
Removery Offers Safe Laser Tattoo Removal for All Skin Types
Removery is able to accommodate and safely treat all skin types. If you have questions about laser tattoo removal, please don’t hesitate to contact our technicians.
Get Your Tattoo Removal Estimate
Getting a tattoo removed is a big step. Connect with us for a personalized quote to start your removal journey.