What Factors Play into the Number of Sessions Needed to Remove a Tattoo?
Based on our experience, most professional tattoos take around 10 sessions to completely remove — sometimes less, occasionally more.
The number of sessions needed to remove a tattoo depends largely on the following factors:
- Fitzpatrick skin type (Lighter skin or darker skin?)
- Tattoo layering (Was the tattoo touched up or covered up?)
- Location on the body (On your neck or on your pinkie toe?)
- Ink colors (Plain black or vibrant colors too?)
- Amount of ink applied (Did the artist press hard to apply a lot of ink deep down or was it a gentler touch?)
- The type of ink applied (Professional ink or homemade pigment?)
- Pre-existing scarring from the tattoo process (Did you heal well after your tattoo was applied or is it raised and scarred?)
- Immune system function (Are you fit and healthy and exercise regularly?)
- Tobacco use (Is your immune system already busy clearing out other foreign particles?)
- Aftercare compliance (Did you follow your aftercare instructions to the letter?)
- Laser technology used (Is it the best that money can buy this year?)
- Experience and skill of the laser technician (Has the clinic seen thousands of clients over several years?)
- And other factors too!
We understand that once you start the process you want your tattoo removed as quickly as possible. Our interests are aligned because the faster our clients see fading, the more satisfied they will be, and most of our new clients are recommended by former clients! Each time you visit our clinic, we treat your tattoo with as much energy as is safe for your skin.
Are Some Laser Treatment Options Better than Others?
Technology plays a very important role in the rate of removal and the Candela PicoWay® is the most powerful multi-wavelength laser system on the market — no other system can match its high peak power across all three wavelengths. We are able to treat any color of ink and any color of skin, safely and effectively. And you’ll also end up paying for fewer sessions by coming to Removery.
Book your first no-commitment appointment to have a consultation and decide if removal treatment is right for you.